Getting an annual wellness exam is just as important for your pet as it is for you. After all, we’re focused on preventing health issues. And a wellness exam helps us find and treat health concerns early before they become more serious. Our goal is to make sure your pet lives as full and active a life as possible.
What You Can Expect During Your Pet’s Wellness Exam
(as recommended by the American Animal Hospital Association)
- Body exam and weight.
- Temperature, pulse, breathing rate.
- Examine eyes and ears to make sure there are no infections or other issues.
- Listen to the heart and lungs to be sure there are no abnormal sounds.
- Physical exam of lymph nodes and thyroid gland.
- Ears, nose and throat exam.
- Physical examination of the belly to check for masses, lumps, and organs.
- Examine mouth, teeth, and gums to look at mucous membranes, check for broken or diseased teeth and gum disease, which could be a source of pain and infection.
- Bone, joint and muscle examination to check for arthritis, injury or masses.
- Examine brain function, spine, and nerves.
- Check skin and hair for any signs of parasites, inflammation, infection, or allergies.
- Physical exam of urinary and reproductive system.
Schedule Your Pet’s Wellness Exam